We’ve chosen this delicious recipe as it’s something that will warm you up now it’s getting a little chilli (excuse the pun!)
In the following recipe from Thaikhun‘s across the country, there is a fair amount of spice but as always feel free to adapt to your taste. You can also change your protein to whatever your preference, beef or tofu also work really well with this dish.
So kha, let’s get on with it, tell us how you get on!
1. Using a pestle and mortar, crush and mix together your curry paste ingredients until it forms a thick green paste.
2. Put a medium-sized pan on medium heat, add oil and stir in your curry paste until it becomes fragrant.
3. Reduce heat to low and gradually add in your coconut milk a little at a time whilst stirring until a green oil surfaces.
4. Whilst the curry is boiling, add the chicken and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and add in your vegetables.
5. Add the fish sauce, salt, sugar, red chillies and basil whilst stirring for a few seconds to warm them through.
6. Turn off the heat, serve in your favourite bowl over jasmine rice.